Re: Why is the video property bound to creative work?

I wonder, if the 'itemprop-reverse' addon for Microdata gets accepted,
would this than suffice:

http://schema.org/VideoObject">
    <link itemprop="embedURL" href="
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjC_dCvVB8s">
exercise?">

Because if so, than maybe we don't need to do anything at all. (thinking
out loud, again)