Re: VideoGame proposal

Aaron,

That makes sense to me.  My rational for proposing the use of PTO was that
it is based on Wikipedia.org, which already has a well developed genre
classification for video games.  Having a library information science
background, I gravitate to well know and used standards for things like
Class modeling.  This is the practice that Schema.org used when they
initially developed their model (pulling from things like FOAF, Good
Relations etc.).  Although any video game classifications that happen to
exist will probably not be ontologies, they could be a good starting point
for cherry-picking vocabulary terms that we could propose as classes or
properties.

Not being involved in the video game industry I am not familiar with domain
specific classification schemes.  Is there any such classification scheme
that is used in industry that we might be able to tap for Class
development?  I was thinking of something similar to ESRB or PEGI but for
classification rather then content ratings.  Speaking of which, it might be
worthwhile modeling content rating based on standards such as ESRB or PEGI.

Thanks,

Jeff Mixter
440-773-9079
jeffmixter@gmail.com