RE: ItemList

On Tuesday, May 13, 2014 9:26 PM, Jason Douglas wrote:
> Those are only there because it inherits from CreativeWork.  If people want to
> use ItemList for all ordered lists, than we need to move that inheritance down
> the chain, which is what Justin is proposing.  So only EditorialItemList would
> inherit CreativeWork (and ItemList), while ItemList would not.

No, that's not true (even though the way schema.org is rendered suggests that it is the case). You can use any property, not just the ones whose domain is that specific class (or a super-class thereof). This basically result in an entity which has two types, ItemList *and* CreativeWork regardless of whether ItemList a subclass of CreativeWork or not.

> On Tue May 13 2014 at 12:19:44 PM, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com> wrote:
> And then add an EditorialItemList type...
>
> Might I ask why we would need such a type, if ItemList keeps it @author and @publisher
> properties wouldn't that suffice to express it's an editorialized list?

[...]

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler