Re: ItemList

From: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 15:25:00 -0500
To: Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>
Cc: Jason Douglas <jasondouglas@google.com>, Justin Boyan <jaboyan@google.com>, "martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org" <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 2:35 PM, Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>wrote:

> Got it, thanks. And I can live with that just fine.
>
> Now I also was just looking at the periodicals proposal (
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Periodicals,_Articles_and_Multi-volume_Works)
> and wondered if there's any danger of ItemList having some overlap with the
> proposed @hasPart property. @hasPart's description in that proposal says:
> "A related CreativeWork that is included either logically or physically in
> this CreativeWork; for example, things in a collection, parts in a
> multi-part work, or articles in a periodical or publication issue."
>
> Now I could be wrong here but "things in a collection, parts in a
> multi-part work" both could be expressed with the properties of ItemList as
> well. So I don't know if that should be investigated further as well.

Jarno, you could express them that way...BUT we need to keep them separate
since they handle 2 different kinds of uses...ItemList (editorialized list
of things) and hasPart (things being a part of something, like a
collection)   In other words...An ITEM IN A LIST does not equal An ITEM IN
A COLLECTION.  2 different Types.

--
-Thad
Thad on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/>