ItemList

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 17:56:22 +0100
To: "martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org" <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Cc: Lorenzo De Tomasi <lorenzodetomasi@isotype.org>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Guha Guha <guha@google.com>
On 9 May 2014 10:03, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org
<martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:
> Correction:
>
> The latest proposal is here:
>
>    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Sep/0143.html
>
> I re-read the discussion - there was basically agreement, we were just waiting for a volunteer to make it a formal proposal. I can handle that if necessary.
>
> This should also cover the "ranking" use cases adressed by Lorenzo.

Yes, let's get ItemList back on track. We got this far previously:

https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/ItemList

There was a start at a schema,
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/default/schema.org/ext/listitem.html
but I think buggy (mixing itemlist/listitem?). It needs examples too.

I would like to look at using this to address Breadcrumb use cases.
Today I've been reorganizing
https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Breadcrumbs to move specific
proposals into separate pages. Breadcrumbs have been awkward since
they also require order to be preserved. Let's try to get ItemList
right and then see if it applies to Breadcrumb...

Dan