Re: Roles vs. Property- Value-Pairs / was Re: Finalizing Schema.org "Roles" design

From: Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 13:52:58 -0400
To: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Cc: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On May 10, 2014 10:14 PM, "Kingsley Idehen" <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> On 5/10/14 9:55 PM, Simon Spero wrote:
>>

>> Incidentally, does anyone know if the major LD extractors honor src
attributes in when processing script based embedded data - e.g.   <script
type="application/ld+json" src="<URL>"/> ?

> We do for Turtle and JSON-LD. That said, we aren't actually seeing any
JSON-LD based embedded data islands, anywhere :-)

A likely reason why this would be the case, and a reason why this is likely
to change in the future can be found in this blog post:

http://blog.heppresearch.com/2014/03/24/json-ld-finally-google-honors-invisible-data-for-seo/

(Google specific, and a pilot, but suggestive of future strategy)

Simon