Re: Generic Property-Value Proposal for Schema.org

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Sat, 03 May 2014 09:50:06 -0400
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
On 5/2/14 9:20 PM, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org wrote:
> But before people are again afraid of reinventing RDF inside schema.org: This is really an edge case, and in real-scale scenarios, the transformation of the raw PropertyValue data into triples or equivalent structures will involve more advanced processing - heuristics, machine learning, ...

You make a bold assumption for the Web populace, as a whole. Basically,
you are assuming that users, developers, designers etc.. will never
understand the semantics expressed in an RDF triple. You are also
assuming that all data consumers will be resigned to their own
heuristics for basic structured data processing and relations semantics
comprehension.

As indicated by my +1 to Holger's comments, why don't you simply confine
this heuristic to Microdata since this is the syntax with the
limitation? Good documentation and examples will enable those that have
to work with Microdata (no matter what) go with this suggestion, if it
suits their needs.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen