Re: schema.org Roles design

I'm baffled by @id as well.  Forget the RDFa/microdata/JSON-LD syntax
differences for a moment, I've read the proposal but still don't know from
whence the the @id values arise.

In the PDF where does...
@id "role321" come from? (e.g.1)
@id "movierole_678" come from? (e.g. 2)
@id "edurole25151" come from? (e.g. 3)

Are these arbitrarily assigned by the coder?  Are these serial?  And are
they resolvable to an IRI?

And are they integral to the Role/hasRole proposal - that is, does
everything break if they're not employed?  Am I correct in reading @ID in
e.g. 1 ("role321") is the necessary entity referred to in order to have the
"athlete property applied to the Role, instead of to a Team"?

Now returning to the syntax, I'd certainly I'd love to see any one of these
marked up with microdata. :)

> it is important to find the right
> balance between ease of adoption for publishers, expressivity, ease of
> processing etc.

I appreciate the perseverance of list members.  While my technical
expertise is limited I'm no slouch either, and Jarno ain't a slouch at all
- so if @id/@id-like functionality is crucial here it does have
implications for the "ease of adoption for publishers".