RE: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships

From: Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 19:03:12 +0100
To: "'Jason Douglas'" <jasondouglas@google.com>
Cc: <public-hydra@w3.org>, <public-lod@w3.org>, <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:44 PM, Jason Douglas wrote:
> On Tue Mar 25 2014 at 9:36:21 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> > On Tuesday, March 25, 2014 5:08 PM, Jason Douglas wrote:
> > > I find that so awkward since :knows is already a repeated property.
> > > Now we have denormalized semantics and queries have to look at both
> > > properties... and the only gain is the metadata about pagination.
> > > That's why I prefer an orthogonal mechanism like knows/collection
> > > for just the metadata.
> >
> > Jason, how is knows/collection different from Pat's :knowsList
> >  approach below? AFAICT they are exactly the same:
>
> knows/collection would only list the collection metadata attributes like
> current page, total number of pages, URL of the collection, etc. and
> not the actual people values... those would still all be in the undecorated
> knows.

So where would I find the triple /markus schema:knows /jason? At /markus? Or at /markus/friends which is referenced from /markus via schema:knows/collection?

I want them to be at /markus/friends and I need a mechanism to tell a client "go and look there if you are interested in that information".

--
Markus Lanthaler
@markuslanthaler