Re: Music schema proposal

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 4:31 PM, Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 12:55 AM, Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net> wrote:
>
>> That (using http:// <http://schema.org/contributor>schema.org
>> <http://schema.org/contributor>/contributor
>> <http://schema.org/contributor>, using a Role to offer the particulars)
>> is roughly the approach I had been aiming for since running into a similar
>> challenge in the comics proposal that would have added inker, penciler,
>> cover artist, letterer, and sundry other contributor roles; similarly with
>> movies and the many associated contributor roles you find in the credits.
>>
>> So hopefully the answer is "yes"?
>>

> I was imagining just that. Otherwise, we will have to add hyper-specific
> types or CreativeWork will become a giant grab bag of properties.

I agree.

It seems reasonable to consider schema:contributor as equivalent to
dcterms:contributor, which has been used in this manner in various contexts
for quite some time (see e.g. LoC:s relators – albeit they use the less
specific dc11:contributor [1]). See also the old proposal for Schema-DC
mappings [2].

Cheers,
Niklas

[1]: http://id.loc.gov/vocabulary/relators