Re: Music schema proposal

From: Mark Garrett <mark@moderndeveloperllc.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 07:49:05 -0500
Cc: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
> Some work remains to synchronize with the proposal out of the Bib Extend
> Community group. In the meantime, please see the attached PDF or the test
> build pages:
> http://sdo-music.appspot.com/MusicComposition
If I’m allowed to make a small suggestion. There is no field for the instrumentation of the composition. This is commonly referred to as “parts” for not only the instruments involved, but also vocals. This is rather important search information for orchestral and choral compositions.

Examples:

SATB; piano
SSAA
piano; double bass; piccalo trumpet; drums
TTBB; violin I; violin II; viola, cello; bass; clarinet; oboe; horn; french horn; tuba

— Mark
------
Mark Garrett
mark@moderndeveloperllc.com