Re: Inverse properties

On 7 June 2014 10:37, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
> On 04/14/2014 12:11 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
>> On 14 April 2014 11:03, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org
>> <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org> wrote:
>>> FYI: I just created and populated a W3C wiki page for the topic:
>>>
>>> https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/InverseProperties
>>

>> Thanks Martin! That's been on my todo list. However I don't yet see
>> any content in the page ("There is currently no text in this page
>> ..."), perhaps some problem saving it?
>
> Looking at:
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/InverseProperties#Linking_from_member_pages_to_an_externally_defined_association.2C_sports_team_entity.2C_or_other_group
>
> I have impression that
>
> http://schema.org/member
>
> already has inverse property
>
> http://schema.org/memberOf

Yes, indeed.

In fact there's a new release of the site in preparation (I'll send a
full msg monday) which makes 'inverse' relations navigable, as well as
sub-property / super-property links in a property hierarchy too.

See http://sdopending.appspot.com/member http://sdopending.appspot.com/memberOf
http://sdopending.appspot.com/alumni etc.

It would be very useful to collect any more pre-existing pairs of
inverse properties here.

> Maybe we should document all properties which already have inversed
> properties defined? Would it make sense to make them 'legacy' pattern
> just as properties with plural names?

No, they are sometimes useful, because of the conceptual and syntactic
overhead of doing things with @rev(erse) notation. We don't want to
add inverses for all schema.org properties but we may add a few more
here and there.

Dan