Re: What is schema.org? A technical briefing paper

I'm not saying that you are saying anything wrong.  I was just surprised.
Does anyone know the actual situation?  I was unable to find any announcement.

I also note that the Infobox in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schema.org lists
W3C as an organizer for schema.org.  This information was introduced by a Wes
Turner on 27 May 2013, but there does not appear to be any source for the
information.

peter