Re: offeredBy to supersede vendor, merchant, provider, seller, ?

From: <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 19:09:41 +0200
Cc: Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>
To: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
The definition of gr:Offering/offer being different from the formal notion of binding offers in most legislations was a design decision in GoodRelations, because offers in most Web shops are not offers in the legal sense, and it was important to have a wording in place that does not turn them into legally binding offers. I agree that the wording can be improved. I will handle that in the next GR service release.

Martin
martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen