Can a Product also be a Service or does it require a MTE?

From: Jarno van Driel <jarnovandriel@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 11:25:58 +0200
To: W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>, "martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org" <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
After reading the description of http://schema.org/Product I got a bit
confused. It says:
"Any offered product or *service*. For example: a pair of shoes; a concert
ticket; *the rental of a car*; *a haircut*; or an episode of a TV show
streamed online."

The 'service' mentioned made twitch a bit since I thought we have
http://schema.org/Service for this. Now I looked up ProductOrService on the
Goodrelations site (
http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Documentation/Product_or_Service)
and this page mentions 3 types of Product entities specifically but doesn't
mention Service.

So if it's true that Product also can mean a service, than in which case is
one supposed to use Service?

And if a Product also can be a Service, would one then only use a
Multiple-Type-Entity like 'Product Service' when the Product needs
properties that are part of Service (or inversed)?

--
*Jarno van Driel*
Technical & Semantic SEO Consultant

Tel: +31 652 847 608
Google+: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JarnovanDriel
Linkedin: linkedin.com/pub/jarno-van-driel/75/470/36a/