Re: How do you flag a resource which is not available anymore?

I think you need a property that has the semantics "namespace does not
resolve to original ontology information, as of date yyyy-mm-dd" You're
basically recommending that other users not attempt to resolve, or at
least not believe what is at the other end of the URI/URL.

I think this should be an LOV-defined property, and of course people can
choose whether or not they will pay attention to it, since it is your
decision to set this property.

That said, has anyone defined a property for alternate namespaces? (I'm
thinking like "samePropertyAs" but on a namespace basis.) For example,
Dublin Core can be de-referenced both to purl.org and dublincore.org. If
there is a way to define alternate namespaces, then ontology owners who
know that they are leaving their ontology behind can archive the
ontology (e.g. using the Internet Archive) and note the alternate
namespace.

kc

Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net