Re: Question about schema.org in a triple store?

On 17 Jul 2014, at 16:35, martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org wrote:

> I think a good pragmatic solution to the discussion would be to change the license forschema.org from CC BY-SA to CC BY (without share-alike).
> By this, even usages where the result could be considered "derived works" would not have to distribute the result under CC BY-SA again.

That would be better...but...I think the Schema.Org Sponsors do need to revisit the licensing conditions.

All CC licenses include a "No additional restrictions" clause that says "You may not apply legal terms that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits" [1]

Yet the Schema.Org terms [2] include "The license may be conditioned on reciprocity, defensive termination, defensive suspension, and/or other reasonable terms"

Cheers...
Renato Iannella
Semantic Identity
http://semanticidentity.com