Re: Question about schema.org in a triple store?

Simon,

Thank you for the links.  I wasn't aware of the case history for this.

I think there's a typo in what you wrote though in that taxonomies are not
copy-writable.  Text in the document linked to in the first footnote says:

[2] The district court held that the Code cannot be copyrighted because it
catalogs a field of knowledge - in other words, that no taxonomy may be
copyrighted

I don't think that it changes your point though in what you cut and pasted
into the chain.  The ADA issued a taxonomy of terms and anyone could
promote that list of terms for use in submitting them for billing.  They
could not use the terms for derivative works though.  That seems the same
as with Schema.  Anyone can use the terms to submit them to the sponsors
via page mark up, but not other uses.  Dan mentioned that they may need to
look at that language as things have evolved since it was written.

Lloyd

Lloyd Fassett
Azteria Inc.
Bend, OR