Re: VideoGames

Looking good!  A number of comments on specific types and properties.

>  elf Pavlik  perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org via listhub.w3.org
> What do you think about
> adding schema:GameCharacter extending schema:Person

+1 for some version of this (I would opt for the Game property "character"
which would have the expected type "Person").

Without this we'd have the Game property "characterAttribute" but,
counter-intuitively, not have a "character" property available.

-----

http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/NumberOfPlayer

Great to see this has incorporated Martin's proposal to collapse the
previously-proposed  minNumberOfPlayer/maxNumberOfPlayer properties into
this single one and use QuantitativeValue.  However, I would also use his
nomenclature for this property, namely the plural (and the corrected
initial case):
  numberOfPlayers

One would never say "number of player" even when the value of number of
players was one.

While schema.org uses the singular form for single nouns, it uses plurals
as appropriate for compound structures.  E.g. for CreativeWork we have the
property:
  publishingPrinciples
Not:
  publishingPrinciple

-----

http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/VideoGame

Properties:
http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/cheatCode
http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/tip

Why is the expected value for these "CreativeWork"?  Doesn't "text" make
more sense here (I could perhaps see the case for using CreativeWork for
"tip" because that might point to a URI, but not for "cheatCode")?

For "tip" specifically, regardless of the expected type, I think that the
property description:
"Links to tips, tactics, etc"
Should be amended to read:
"Tips, tactics, etc."

A "tip" may not always be a link - it can also be an inline property of a
VideoGame resource.  This is analogous to the existing SoftwareApplication
property "help", which also has an expected type of "CreativeWork".  There
the description is - quite properly:
"Software application help"
Not the more constrictive:
"Links to software application help"

-----

http://sdo-yavg.appspot.com/GamePlayMode

Proposed enumeration members are:
  Co-op
  Multi-player
  Single-player

No other schema.org enumeration member, type or property contains a dash.
 This is true even of situations where a dash would normally be called for,
as in the enumeration members for ContactPointOption, which are:
  HearingImpairedSupported
  TollFree
Rather than:
  HearingImpaired-Supported
  Toll-Free

Accordingly, I think these members should be:
  CoOp
  MultiPlayer
  SinglePlayer

-----

http://schema.org/trailer

This should be extended so that one of the types on which this can be used
is VideoGame.

I raised this before in the context of VideoGameSeries.  If we end up with
this, then it should be extended to VideoGameSeries, but if not it should
at least be extended to include VideoGame.

Almost any video game produced these days features a trailer, and these
trailers are almost certainly the the most-consumed creative work
associated with a video game (e.g. [1]).

[1] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHAbHz8iYHc