Re: http://schema.org/CreativeWork: headline and name properties?

From: Wallis,Richard <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:26:32 +0000
To: Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net>
CC: "<public-vocabs@w3.org>" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On 26 Jan 2014, at 08:06, Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net<mailto:dan@coffeecode.net>> wrote:

* That said, the desire to disambiguate multi-type situations is effectively why schemabibex proposed PublicationVolume/volumeNumber instead of just relying on "name": given that one of our scenarios is the combination of Book + PublicationVolume, we needed a way to disambiguate the book title from the volume name.

I think this pragmatic use of Type specific [additional] naming properties in sub-types is a way forward. The headline property would probably sit better in the NewsArtice sub-type than at the generic CreativeWork level.

~Richard.