Re: Draft schema for QA sites

On 01/22/2014 05:49 PM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:49 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
>>>   - Do we really need lastEditor? What about using CreativeWork's
>>> editor instead?
>>>
>>>   - Which property is used to connect a question to its answers?
>>> AFAICT there's none.
>>>     What about introducing answer
>>
>> Do you mean something alongside
>> http://sdo-wip1.appspot.com/acceptedAnswer so we have the candidate
>> answers, as well as the finalized one?
>
> Exactly. In RDFS-speak, acceptedAnswer would then be a subPropertyOf answer.
>
> How are cases like these handled in general in Schema.org? Is the preference to create two different properties
>
>    Question -> answer -> all Answers
>             -> acceptedAnswer -> the subset of accepted Answers
>
> or to add a property to the thing it points to
>
>    Question -> answer -> all Answers, marked with a property
>                          Such as accepted -> true
>
> I'm sure you know that off the top of your head so I'm being lazy and ask instead of checking it myself :-) We should try to keep such things consistent.
IMO information about which answer got accepted 'belongs' to the
question! In case it works #IndyWeb style, where authors of answers
would host them on their independent domain and just syndicate with
website of person asking question, authors of those answers may want to
keep full control over content of those answers :)

http://tantek.com/2013/113/b1/first-federated-indieweb-comment-thread