Re: Draft schema for QA sites

Well, done, IMO basically ready for a commit, except for the following cosmetics:

+
acceptedAnswer	Answer	The answer the owner of the original question has accepted as best answer.

--> maybe better "The answer that has been accepted as the best one by the person who asked the question"?

answerCount	Integer	The number of answers this question has received.
--> maybe "The number of answers submitted for this question."?

commentCount	Integer	The number of comments this question or answer has received.
--> maybe "The number of comments submitted for this question or answer."?

downvoteCount	Integer	The number of downvotes this questions has received from the community.
--> mabye "The number of times this question has been voted down by the community."? Also note the typo ("questions"->"question") in the original version.

upvoteCount	Integer	The number of upvotes this questions has received from the community.
--> mabye "The number of times this question has been voted up by the community."? Also note the typo ("questions"->"question") in the original version.

viewCount	Integer	The number of times this questions has viewed.
--> "The number of times this question has been viewed."

These are just suggestions, and I recommend that a native speaker makes the final decision on the wording.

Martin

On Jan 22, 2014, at 3:57 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:

> Thanks to Stéphane Corlosquet for taking a lead on this - we have a
> draft schema design for "question and answer" sites. See
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/7befd20efb66/schema.org/ext/QA.html
> for the raw schema, http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/QASchemaResearch
> for background notes and comparison with Stack Overflow's datamodel.
>
> I've posted a temporary test build here:
>
> http://sdo-wip1.appspot.com/Question
> http://sdo-wip1.appspot.com/Answer
>
> It re-uses a lot of existing stuff, so the main additions are to make
> explicit the notion of kinds of CreativeWork representing questions or
> answers, as well as the various counts that often appear (upvotes,
> downvotes etc.).
>
> Comments / discussion as always welcomed here or in the WebSchemas Wiki.
>
> cheers,

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen