Re: Proposal: Periodicals, Articles and Multi-volume Works

Hello

On 20/01/2014 06:03, Shlomo Sanders wrote:
> I agree with the basic structure and the ability it gives to grow.
> Only recently I have been delving into the "special" scholarly article attributes and have come up with 2 (peer review and open access). Perhaps attributes connected wit altmetrics are also relevant.
In what way does "Open Access", in practice, go beyond being a licensing
arrangement? The use of Creative Commons licenses is applicable to all
creative works.

We asked for a licence property to be added to schema through the
learning resource metadata initiative, though I understand that it is
problematic due to the tendency to ambiguity in identifying things in
schema (is it the thing or the webpage about the thing that is open?).

--
<http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/>

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.