Re: Am I right that WebPage lacks a generic property for linking to WebPageElement?

So far I have been using http://schema.org/mentions to link (secondary)
webpageelements to a WebPage, while using http://schema.org/text to enclose
the primary content, and personally I'm quite happy marking it up as such.

I always figured that webpage elements like WPHeader/WPSideBar/etc mirror
their HTML equivalents like <header>/<aside>/etc, which in their turn exist
to markup related/secondary content. For me the meaning of
http://schema.org/mentions reflects this perfectly while
http://schema.org/pageElement seems a bit too generic and could lead to
confusion weither it implies primary or secondary webpage elements.

Now I'm aware the description of http://schema.org/mentions doesn't reflect
this and on top of that there are no clear examples on schema.org which
show how to properly use webpage elements but maybe adding some good
examples would be enough to clarify things. Adding a new property for this
seems a bit overkill IMHO.