Re: Marking up quotes that relate to known Freebase topics/people

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 7:47 AM, Stéphane Corlosquet
<scorlosquet@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 7:59 PM, Shawn Simister <simister@google.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey Amit,
>>
>> Thanks for putting in the hard work to align your content with Freebase.
>> Fo what you're trying to accomplish you would use your own identifiers for
>> the item IDs and then use the sameAs <http://schema.org/sameAs> property
>> to align them with Freebase. Here's how I would mark up a quotation (once
>> the type is part of schema.org) using Microdata:

>> your learning.</p>
>> itemid="http://quotationsbook.com/quotes/author/7349/">
>>  <a itemprop="name" href="http://quotationsbook.com/quotes/author/7349/">Mark
>> Twain</a>
>>

> Beware that the itemprop in an 'a' element will take on the href attribute
> as the property value. If you want to annotate the name of the
> person/author, you should use a span instead of 'a', or if you really want
> a link, add a span inside the a element, like this:
> Twain</span></a>
>
> Steph.

I would use that link... "Things NOT Strings" is the right way for Linked
Data efforts.  And then author key 7349, will thus be useful for someone
else linking back to it !

--
-Thad
Thad on LinkedIn <http://www.linkedin.com/in/thadguidry/>