Re: makesOffer should accept Service

On Jan 2, 2014, at 2:31 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

> I suppose you could use itemtype="Product Service" _and_
> additionalType="http://www.productontology.org/id/Computer_repair" if
> you wanted to use be as specific as possible within schema.org vocab
> for those processors that might be limited to only understanding
> schema.org, for whatever reason, while adding precision for those
> processors that also understand ProductOntology or other
> vocabularies...

Yes, that is how I would model this, too. A product can be a service, since being a product is a role that an object can take. So you can combine http://schema.org with basically any other type from schema.org, namely Place, Organization, CreativeWork, etc.

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen