Re: makesOffer should accept Service

Somebody asked me yesterday why itemtype="http://schema.org/Product
http://schema.org/Service"> has to be marked up this way just to be able to
add an offer/Offer. He proposed to mark it up like itemtype="
http://schema.org/Offer http://schema.org/Service">. Adding the Offer as a
second type of Service and thus skipping Product all together.

In all honesty I couldn't come up with a reason why this would be a wrong
notation. So I was curious, does anybody think this is valid markup and if
not, why not?