Re: makesOffer should accept Service

Hi all:
Very brief, since I have no time for a fully-fledged reply:

1. Don't break the basic pattern of

Agents->Offer->Something(Product or Service).

The offer and the object to which it refers are two distinct entities. This is a basic GoodRelations and thus schema.org pattern.

2. As for modeling services, schema:Product fits; it can be constrained by combining it with www.productontology.org types or other schema.org types without problems (in general; some Google infrastructure does not yet fully support multi-typed entities).

3. The basic pattern in GoodRelations is explained in this outdated example in the old GoodRelations cookbook:

   http://www.ebusiness-unibw.org/wiki/GoodRelationsService

The new cookbook is under development at

   http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Cookbook

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen