Re: Draft schema for QA sites

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 5:02 PM, Tom Morris <tfmorris@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com
> > wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 11:44 AM, Aamod Sane <aamod_sane@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>  * Social features that are used in Q&A sites should find a place in
>>> the schema,
>>>    something like InterestedPersons who follow this question/answers
>>> session.
>>>    Since we already represent Authors, and given that Q&A is a useful
>>> unit,
>>>    there is already an implicit set of people associated with the work.
>>>    So it does not seem like too much of a stretch to include "followers"
>>> or similar.
>>>

>> I've never seen the "followers" of a question being available publicly on
>> a site like StackOverflow. In fact I think that most sites don't publish
>> this information (possibly for privacy concerns).
>>

> Quora shows not only question followers, but (a sampling of?) question
> viewers as well.

Fair point. Quora isn't the most open site out there, it's hard to find the
list of followers unless you are logged in, and it's not discoverable as a
anonymous/crawler user. Either way, I found an example at [1]. Could we
maybe extend the range of http://schema.org/follows to account for this use
case? (i.e. a schema:Person to schema:follow a schema:Question or a
schema:QAPage).

Steph.

[1]
http://www.quora.com/College-Dropouts/Why-are-so-many-college-dropouts-successful-in-their-life/followers