W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-vocabs@w3.org > December 2014

RE: schema.org sdo-venkman release is now live as v1.92

From: Tom Marsh <tmarsh@exchange.microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 17:08:51 +0000
To: "lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk" <lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BL2PR03MB114D5F14804427264E84ECEE5690@BL2PR03MB114.namprd03.prod.outlook.com>
OK, thanks. If we’re leaving off colorPalette for now, should the wiki (https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/VisualArtwork) also be updated to indicate the reasoning for the omission?

From: Paul Watson [mailto:lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2014 11:20 PM
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Re: schema.org sdo-venkman release is now live as v1.92

Hi Tom

The colorPalette property/type never achieved consensus - it was problematic in several respects. As such it has been dropped - at least from this initial launch of the VisualArtwork type.

I agree that "materials" should be "material" - this was discussed about a year ago, but I must have forgotten to make the change on the wiki. I've made that change in both the main file and the examples on github, and submitted pull requests for both.

Regards,

Paul

On 19/12/14 23:36, Tom Marsh wrote:

It looks like sdo-stantz is missing the colorPalette property and ColorPalette type. Are those still to be incorporated?



Also, should materials be singular (material) instead? I thought we were avoiding plurals.



-----Original Message-----

From: Dan Brickley [mailto:danbri@google.com]

Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 10:39 AM

To: Paul Watson

Cc: W3C Web Schemas Task Force

Subject: Re: schema.org sdo-venkman release is now live as v1.92



On 16 December 2014 at 18:26, Paul Watson <lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk><mailto:lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk> wrote:

On 15/12/14 17:27, Dan Brickley wrote:



On 15 December 2014 at 17:09, Paul Watson

<lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk><mailto:lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk> wrote:



On 12/12/14 09:28, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:



On 12/11/2014 04:37 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:



We have just 'soft launched' the large package of improvements

recently circulated as the 'venkman' release. While they are

intended as the foundation for a "version 2.0" release we wanted

to get the vocabulary improvements out there ASAP without rushing

to v2 prematurely. There's a lot more that could be said about

each set of changes (Music, Video games, Sports, ItemList /

breadcrumbs, etc etc.) than we can say today, so for now we'll

stick with a simple "thank you!" to all who have participated in

this effort. Thanks :)



As always our issue tracker is open to all for any bugs that have

crept in. You'll find it linked from:



Release notes: http://schema.org/docs/releases.html#v1.92




Great work! + kudos to everyone who contributed ☆



also glad to see on github a *milestone* for the next one \o/



+1 great work



Would be great if we could get  schema.org/VisualArtwork released as

some point - it's been waiting for a very long time and seems to get

ignored from every release



Funny you should mention that! Vicki and I were just chatting about

it earlier. Sorry this is taking so long, ... but here we go:





https://github.com/danbri/schemaorg/commit/97b9c5c1d35ad9cd911c300402


5e5678467183b9 http://sdo-stantz.appspot.com/VisualArtwork




Where 'stantz' is the codename for whatever the next release ends up

being called, i.e. the milestone in Github that elf Pavlik spotted.



We need to translate the examples to other formats but other than

that I think this looks good.



I've opened a bug in github to track this (things are slowly

migrating over from W3C wiki/tracker),

https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/issues/204


cheers,



Dan





That's excellent news!



I attempted to add the Microdata and JSON format examples in Github

today, as well as adding the missing artEdition property.



You should have pull requests for those two changes (so long as I

worked on the correct branches)



Yes I think that workflow makes sense - I pulled those edits into my sdo-visualwork then from there I made a new pull request that puts them into sdo-stantz. That's maybe a bit indirect but keeps things clear. I don't live-and-breath Git(hub) workflow methodologies so there's a certain amount of making-it-up-as-we-go-along happening here. Anyway,  I've merged it in via

https://github.com/danbri/schemaorg/pull/33 "danbri wants to merge 4 commits into sdo-stantz from sdo-visualwork"



http://sdo-stantz.appspot.com/VisualArtwork


http://sdo-stantz.appspot.com/artEdition ... seem to show the changes just fine, thanks :)



Dan



--

  *   The Lazarus Corporation: www.lazaruscorporation.co.uk<http://www.lazaruscorporation.co.uk/>
  *   The Lazarus Corporation Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/lazaruscorporation<http://www.facebook.com/lazaruscorporation>
  *   Twitter: twitter.com/lazcorp<http://twitter.com/lazcorp>
Received on Sunday, 21 December 2014 17:09:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:29:46 UTC