Re: Property Names, was Re: Automotive, EXIF, Property-Values

> On 12/18/2014 12:15, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:
>> I'll give it a shot.
>>
>> Humans are great at intuition, but suck at probabilities. Conversely
>> computers are great at probabilities, but suck at intuition.
>>
>> Schema.org is currently targeted at the middle. If I (as a human) use
>> the term http://schema.org/publisher, the "inference" (by a machine)
>> is that the object is a schema:Organization, but only
>> probabilistically. Some creative works are "published" by people.
>> It's a trivial example, but it help illustrate why
>> schema:rangeIncludes is more useful and interesting than rdfs:range.
>> It provides a open-world mechanism for the data consumer (aided by
>> computers but summarily judged by humans) to learn about other
>> possibilities.
>
> I think we are talking about different things here. I am not comparing
> schema:rangeIncludes with rdfs:range, but with the class-centric
> definition that I suggested below. The class-centric approach is more
> flexible (for machines) than rangeIncludes, and can easily also be
> used to produce things like UML diagrams that are intuitive to
> understand by humans.
>
> Holger

Will the following syntax:

schema:MedicalEntity
     a rdfs:Class ;
     rdfs:subClassOf schema:Thing ;
     :property [
         :predicate schema:code ;
         :valueType schema:MedicalCode ;
         rdfs:label "code" ;
         rdfs:comment "A medical code for the entity, taken from a
controlled vocabulary or ontology such as ICD-9, DiseasesDB, MeSH,
SNOMED-CT, RxNorm, etc." ;
     ] ; ...

Equate to the following, semantically (represented using "is  of" syntax
sugar)?

schema:MedicalEntity
a rdfs:Class ;
rdfs:subClassOf schema:Thing ;
is schema:domainincludes of
                                             schema:code,
                                             schema:MedicalCode,
                                             rdfs:label "code",
                                             rdfs:comment .

I am hoping the shapes related syntax sugar is distinct from actual
underlying semantics.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen