Re: Proposed update for Microdata to RDF specification

> On 01 Dec 2014, at 19:36 , Gregg Kellogg <gregg@greggkellogg.net> wrote:
>
>> On Dec 1, 2014, at 10:21 AM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
>>
>> I think we should at the minimum make it clear in the note that this is, currently, *not* a microdata feature, and it may be later or it may never be.
>
> This is the issue from the doc:
>
> [[[
> FEATURE AT RISK 5
> Experimental support itemprop-reverse. This attribute is not part of [MICRODATA] and is included as an experimental feature. Specific feedback from the community is requested. Based on addoption, the attribute may be considered for inclusion in forthcoming versions of [MICRODATA] and this note.
> ]]]
>
> That seems to address your concerns; would you like to see something else? I think this issue would remain open when publishing, so the text would remain. Alternatively, if the group decides not to go this way, we could resolve the issue and remove the issue marker.

I think, just as an editorial remark, let us not use the 'at risk' term, which is usually used, in the W3C jargon, for notes in drafts to decide what goes and does not go into a final publication. We can simply call this 'experimental feature', or 'exploratory feature', or something like that.

>> I still feel uncomfortable; I think we are overstepping our document's goals. But I will not lie down on the road if the majority wants to go this way.
>
> I don’t think we quite have a ground-swell of support just yet, I’d like to get more feedback. But, in many ways, I think that this document is more useful, in particular, for schema.org usage than the original. There’s really no way for @itemprop-reverse to be supported in a JSON serialization, so the Microdata spec would just be updated to indicate that the attributes are defined. (Of course, a hypothetical direct JSON-LD conversion could make use of this, but … never mind.)

O.k. Let us move on...

B.t.w., a minor thing: it is probably a good idea to use the ' - Second Edition' in the title, to clearly differentiate with the previous. The differences between the two versions are significant, so let us not do as if this was simply an edited version of the old one...

Thanks!

Ivan

----