Re: progressing VisualArtwork

"but I'll try to get some examples of mappings (or at least better
explanations of them)"

Thanks!

Oh and one more thing:

    [...]

could also be:

    <link itemprop="genre" href="https://www.freebase.com/m/06n90">
    [...]

As: "it's fine to include just regular text or a URL" (
http://schema.org/docs/gs.html#schemaorg_expected).