Re: ItemList examples

> 1. A grouping of things, with no particular ordering implied, the minimum
> connection between those things being that they members of the group.  Such
> membership not preventing them being members of other groupings.

Now if we're talking about a generic group of things, couldn't
WebPageElement be used for this:
https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/ChainingLayoutElements#CollectionPage.2C_WebPageElement.2C_ImageObject
 ?
(minus the @mainContentOfPage, that's there on behalf of a different
discussion:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Aug/0070.html)

2. A grouping of things in which some form of ordering is applied,
> numerical, alphabetical, order of insertion, or even on the whim of the
> person or application that

defines the group. In my world I would call this a list, but as I say
> naming is secondary.

Besides proposing to use WebPageElement for this as well (and adding the
properties for ordering and such to CreativeWork so other subClasses can be
ordered as well), might there be any sense in also looking at what's
happening to <ol> in HTML5 (http://html5doctor.com/ol-element-attributes/).
Maybe taking this into account can help keep the final solution close to
what website developers will be/are using for everyday coding. Which does
make it easier to understand for a lot of them.

And if we apply this to a WebPageElement then we can also define the order
of WebPageElements on a WebPage. And since it has been expressed on
numerous occasions (outside of this mailing list), search engines care
about the order of elements on a page as to help decide the
importance/value of any given element I think it could help not having
those properties solely for list purposes.

3. A grouping functionally the same as 1. but a subtype of CreativeWork so
> that the creative efforts in producing it can be described.

Would this do the trick:
https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/ChainingLayoutElements#CollectionPage.2C_ItemList.2C_Product
(and of course ItemList would keep all properties of CreativeWork to
express the creative efforts involved)

4. A grouping functionally the same as 2.. but a subtype of CreativeWork so
> that the creative efforts in producing it can be described.

Wouldn't this be feasible if the same final solution as [2] is used only
then using ItemList as opposed to a WebpageElement (that has parts)?