Re: ItemList examples

On Aug 6, 2014, at 7:49 PM, Jason Douglas <jasondouglas@google.com> wrote:

> I suppose the backward-compatible way to do it would be to:
> Create a new type (Collection?)
> Change the domain of the structural properties of ItemList to Collection
> Make ItemList inherit from Collection as well as CreativeWork
> That leaves ItemLiist as the editorial thing, so all existing markup would still be semantically unchanged.

I think Collection makes a lot of sense. To me, ItemList sounds like a curated list, whereas Collection sounds like a basic grouping.

I would still like to see some clarification on referenced Collections, and a means of paginating Collections. Hydra does this by adding first/last/next/prev properties in addition to totalItems.

Some Collections could contain thousands of items (UserLikes, Comments, Events, ...), so having a way to split these between different resources would be useful.

+1 to making ItemList a subclass of both Collection and CreativeWork.

Having Collection be a subtype of Role also makes sense (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Jun/0279.html).

Gregg