Re: ItemList examples

On Wed, Aug 6, 2014 at 4:26 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com> wrote:

> I had a look into this last time you mentioned it. I agree that there
> is a need for something that's a pure data structure, and something
> else that carries the CreativeWork aspect. Are we OK with changing the
> meaning of ItemList out from under the feet of existing publishers? As
> far as I could see it was mostly used with Thing-properties, but there
> were some sites using 'about', 'author' properties.
>
> I'm quite liking the Role-like idiom. If we're going to use it for
> Role, it probably makes sense here too.

I'm for creating two types:  a basic ItemList separate from CreativeWork
and an EditedList that inherits from both CreativeWork and the basic
ItemList. Otherwise, we are going to keep creating strange semantics to
preserve the existing semantics.

- Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com