Re: User friendly labels for Schema.org types and properties

I think the main reason is that the labels in schema.org are used to generate the documentation and that the RDFa version of schema.org is not mainly designed as an RDF vocabulary in its own right.
By the way, we had CamelCase labels in GoodRelations for long and changed them to more human-readable ones about two years ago. However, GoodRelations is an RDF/OWL vocabulary, while schema.org is something different ;-)