Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

On 4/13/14 6:27 PM, Thad Guidry wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> Your not helping solve the problem we have at this moment.
>
> This is the problem that we are trying to solve.  We have a property
> for describing a Thing's alternative identity online.  For that we use
> "sameAs", everyone knows that.  Stop this madness.
>
> And your probably misunderstanding the problem.  Let me try it this way...
>
> You are assigned a task to teach a computer which of the following
> URI's you can use to communicate with an entity, However, there are
> rules you must abide by, which are that you can only use 1 Schema.org
> Type and only 1 Property from that Type:
>
> A: http://www.freebase.com/user/thadguidry
>
> and
>
> B: https://plus.google.com/+ThadGuidry
>
> where A does not allow communication with me...and B does allow
> communication with me.
>
> The computer must know from a Schema.org property assignment of your
> choice that B allows for communication with me.
>
> Which Schema.org Type and Property would you use for B and describe
> why your answer would make simple sense to most Web Developers.

Here is the simple answer: schema:webid .

Why? Because "identity" oriented relations infer (as per this case) that
a sign signifies something. "sameAs" relations assert equivalence. "You"
are not the same as the sign that signifies "You" .  You are != "Thad
Guidry" that's a literal identifier that "signifies" or "denotes" the
entity "You" i.e., the entity "You" is "denoted" or "signified" by the
the literal sign "Thad Guidry" .

Identification Documents like your passport, drivers license etc..,
"Identify" you based on the claims (statements or triples) that
constitute the aforementioned document in conjunction with verification
and authentication processes and protocols.

Please keep the tone civil. I am happy to make points in a debate
towards clarity, but I really need it to be civil, please.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO