Re: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships

From: Simon Spero <sesuncedu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 14:40:28 -0400
To: Luca Matteis <lmatteis@gmail.com>
Cc: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>, "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfpschneider@gmail.com>, Pat Hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Linked Data community <public-lod@w3.org>, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be>
On Apr 13, 2014 7:13 AM, "Luca Matteis" <lmatteis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 3:07 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider
> <pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:
> > RDF  includes a meaning for triples.
>
> I think this is your biggest misconception. RDF does not include any
meaning of anything. It's a framework that is entirely unbiased about what
you define. The meaning of statements is only inferred by the tools that
interpret the RDF.

Whilst Peter may have some memory lapses about some ambiguous parts of the
OWL spec :), I do not believe that he has false memories of co-editing the
second edition of the RDF Semantics document.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/REC-rdf11-mt-20140225/

Simon