Relationship between People and Social Network Services

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 15:08:12 -0400
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
On 4/11/14 2:36 PM, Thad Guidry wrote:
> Justin brings up the point that he likes and wants to keep sameAs with
> it's current definition of:
>
> URL of a reference Web page that unambiguously indicates the item's
> identity. E.g. the URL of the item's Wikipedia page, Freebase page, or
> official website.
>
> and extend that definition to also add , ", or official social accounts".
>
> Machine reading consumers (Data clients, Schema.org Stakeholders,
> Apps) will then need to add more complex rules to determine "this is a
> webpage.....or...this is a social account page".
>
> Again, I stand by my efforts to make the distinction between those 2
> ideas/concepts with a new property.

Thad,

I've created a new topic, so we can clarify this matter pronto.

Is this about the association of social networking profile pages (e.g.,
LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, G+ etc..) with the entities (people and
organizations) they describe?

For example:

Is this about how you or I (people) are associated with (or related to)
the profile pages (documents) provided by social network service
providers? If so, then owl:sameAs, 'same as', :sameAs etc., do not
denote the relation (relationship or association type) that coherently
expresses the aforementioned relationship/association.

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO