Re: Socialnetworks of a person or organization

Dan:
I am perfectly fine with your broad notion of linked data ;-) With "all linked data stuff", I meant primarily abandoning the use of two separate slash-based URIs for the type and its page.

The problem with many Linked Open Data recommendations is that they do e.g. not take into account the enormous amount of traffic caused by the use of HTTP prefetching, particularly by mobile clients and proxies in the infrastructure of mobile service providers. They often try to dereference any URI found in any href attribute, and if that returns an HTTP redirect, this consumes resources.

What I fear is are attempts to infiltrate the pragmatic, yet groundbreaking and far-reaching approach of schema.org with driving a narrow-minded notion of linked data. Of course, one can use schema.org in such settings (and that should be possible), but we should also be very reluctant with incorporating "narrow" LOD into the fibre of schema.org.

Martin