Re: Citation markup with Periodical proposal

Thanks, Niklas and Dan and Adrian.

Niklas, yours is a successful version of something that I tried
unsuccessfully - nesting all of the periodical "parts" in between
article properties. The turtle makes sense to me, even though the RDFa
is hard to grasp (but then, I'm not a machine).

Dan, I couldn't turtle-ize yours, and the rich snippet tool appears to
be flaky and wouldn't spit out the pages section. It may be equivalent
to Niklas' - I have no idea. Sorry.

At this point, I should probably rest my case. As you can see, Adrian,
who has responded here, has a different take, imitating something like
Bibtex. I would prefer a simple solution of that nature for citations. I
realize that academic citations are just one bibliographic form. I am
not ignoring your use case, which is based on bibliographic *control*
rather than citation, but do wish that there were a simpler solution.

Should this proposal be added to schema.org, I think we could facilitate
use by providing mappings from some of the more common bibliographic
metadata formats (Bibtex, endNote, RefWorks, NLM, etc.) and various
citation formats. I'm willing to work on that, as long as someone will
help me with the code.

kc

--
Karen Coyle