Re: Periodical proposal

On Mon, Apr 07, 2014 at 08:42:08AM +0100, Dan Brickley wrote:
>On 7 April 2014 06:38, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:
>> There was a proposal for periodicals [1] that got a brief discussion on this
>> list [2] but then disappeared. Does anyone know where this is in the overall
>> scheme (or schema) of things?
>
>I put up that test site a few weeks back, and revisited it ...
>yesterday. I've made a new test version of the site using the new
>schema.org codebase that we switched to last week. See
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Apr/0051.html ->
>http://sdo-culture-bundle.appspot.com/Periodical (I didn't add the
>examples yet).
>
>wiki: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Periodicals,_Articles_and_Multi-volume_Works
>schema: https://github.com/dbs/schemabibex/blob/master/schema.org/ext/periodicals.html
>
>I'd also like to move these things along. Original thread started
>here, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2014Jan/0086.html
>
>Are there any open problems with this design? Can I get some +1s from
>people that believe adding it will be a useful improvement? (not
>everyone here follows the bibextend list...)

+1 (but I'm obviously biased)

>cheers,
>
>Dan
>
>p.s. is the JSON-LD in
>https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Periodicals,_Articles_and_Multi-volume_Works#JSON-LD_.28experimental.29
>ok? (it's marked as experimental)

I marked it as experimental because I'm still not confident in my
JSON-LD mastery. Expert opinions appreciated! If I recall
correctly, it was just an automated conversion of the RDFa example that
used http://www.w3.org/2012/pyRdfa/Overview.html. The Ruby RDFa service
at http://rdf.greggkellogg.net/distiller generates a different JSON-LD
serialization, and the JSON-LD playground does not like the Ruby
service's version due to a "cyclical context definition" error, so...