Re: Schema.org site updates: Added RDFa and JSON-LD incoming properties

First up: I've just pushed a new version of the site with fixes for a)
missing acknowledgements b) proper titles c) the
supertypes/breadcrumbs problem.

Does http://schema.org/NewsArticle look better?

There are a few more little things to fix asap but we wanted to cut
over to the new site asap to make releases easier...

On 4 April 2014 14:24, Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 04, 2014 at 01:49:25PM +0100, Dan Brickley wrote:
>>
>> Just a heads up - we're just switching over to a new version of the
>> schema.org site.
>>
>> First the good news! Examples are now shown in a tabbed format that
>> gives us space to include RDFa and JSON-LD examples alongside the
>> Microdata.
>
> Fantastic!

The most important thing is that we'll be able to iterate faster, and
work more collaboratively.

>> The per-type pages also now show incoming properties; for
>> example, when browsing http://schema.org/Person you are now told that
>> this type provides values for properties such as 'author',
>> 'reviewedBy', 'founder', 'spouse', 'director'.
>
> I'm with Stéphane on this; like the idea, but maybe the implementation
> could be tweaked to maintain the examples-front-and-centre approach that
> schema.org has benefited from since its inception.

Thanks for the perspective. I should emphasise that Person was perhaps
a bad example to give. I'd need to check but I believe it is the type
that has the most incoming properties. http://schema.org/Product is
much more typical.

>> The bad news is only temporary: There are a few glitches that we're
>> working to fix asap. Firstly, the Acknowledgements section was not
>> displaying. Also there seems to be an issue with properties from
>> supertypes and the breadcrumbs hierarchy not showing. Investigating...
>

> The HTML for the property tables is a bit twisted: there are instances
> like the following which even the most gifted HTML5 parser will have
> trouble with:
>
> <tbody class=supertype<tr>
> <th class=prop-nam' scope=row>
>
> I also noticed that no 404 is returned for invalid URLs, like
> http://schema.org/ohnoesss - just a 200 and a "No comments" page.

Noted!

> It would be nice to continue to have some indication of the version of
> schema.org that is being documented and perhaps some metadata about when
> the page was last updated.

Yes - first priority here is the machine dumps and version number.

> Many thanks to the team responsible for this update, this is a big step
> forward!

It should make a lot of things easier :)

Dan