Re: A rule of thumb for cross-posting public-vocabs with other lists

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 3:25 PM, Markus Lanthaler
<markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>wrote:

> On Monday, March 31, 2014 6:22 PM, Dan Brickley wrote:
> > If you're happy Cc:'ing several W3C mailing lists, each with 100s of
> > list members, please consider taking the time to write up a summary of
> > these gigantic discussions in the Web Schemas wiki
> > too<http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas>.
>
> Have any other discussions been summarized there? In the end, the goal is
> to have either a concrete proposal or at least some discussions of best
> practices on how to model such things.
>
> Since the issue is so fundamental (for Web APIs at least) and also
> directly touches schema.org (ItemList, future Collection?) I found it
> necessary to CC those two lists.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience it causes for people not interested in this
> thread.. it should, however, be trivial enough for those people to mute it
> in their mail clients.

Some people might still be interested in learning about the outcome of the
perma-thread without having to read the 100s of email. If they mute, they
will more likely miss it. One option is to spin off into a specialized
group like Richard Wallis did with Schema Bib Extend Group (
http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/), and then come back with a
proposals (e.g.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Mar/0036.html). In
this case it could by hydra or public-lod. Just tell the folks that you're
taking the discussion on the other list, and they will follow (and bcc
public-vocab).

Steph.