Re: Proposal: Audiobook

Guha,

The discussion is about the difference between ontology definition and
instance creation. When is it appropriate to define multiple types in
the ontology definition vs. assigning multiple types to an instance?

To librarians this is the "pre-coordinated vs. post-coordinated" issue,
but for non-librarians it probably makes more sense to talk about
comparing complex and "complete" concepts vs. modular and combinable
concepts.

I don't think there is a single answer because it is contextual, but I
can see some advantages in creating simple ontology definitions that can
be combined in various ways at the time of instance creation.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net