Re: Proposal: Audiobook

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:40:23 +0200
Cc: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
To: kcoyle@kcoyle.net, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>, Guha Guha <guha@google.com>
Hi Karen,
good that we have consensus.

Dan, Guha: I think the issue of whether multi-type entities should be solved

a) at markup time or
b) in the vocabulary

is of generic relevance - do you have an opinion on that?

I think that for types that are not disjoint but also only loosely related (like an AudioBook used as a Product), it is much cleaner and flexible to recommend using both types at markup time.

This also decouples the evolution of such needs / use cases from the evolution of the schema.org spec - site owners do not have to wait for an update to schema.org, and search engines can learn from the appearance of new patterns.

Martin

On Sep 24, 2013, at 9:07 PM, Karen Coyle wrote:

> On 9/24/13 11:40 AM, Martin Hepp wrote:
>> Hi Karen,
>> as already posted earlier today:
>

>> Simply use the offers property from Product or the itemOffered property from offer and make the AudioBook (or other object) of type AudioBook AND Product.
>
> Yes, thanks, Martin. I saw that on your reply to Dan and that seems to be exactly what we need.
>
> kc
>
> --
> Karen Coyle
> kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net