Re: CreativeWork relationships

Hello. There is already an isBasedOnUrl property of creative works. It
came in to schema from the LRMI work and is used to point to "a resource
that was used in the creation of this resource". The use case in that
context was indicating the sort of derivation/modification of a creative
work (in the copyright sense of the words) that is allowed by Creative
Commons licences without the "No Derivatives" clause.

The suggestions below look sound. My one concern is that there might be
a collision between it and isBasedOnUrl. I assume that the isBasedOn
property will indicate a relationship between CreativeWorks(*), so there
is scope for confusion between the URL provided for isBasedOnUrl and a
URL provided for the Url property of the CreativeWork at the end of an
isBasedOn property (I hope that is easier to understand than to state in
words).  Would the proposed isBasedOn relationship be entirely distinct
from the relationship indicated by isBasedOnUrl, would it be a
sub/superset? Most importantly how is any distinction explained?

Phil

*i.e. I don't suppose we are going into possibilities of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macbeth_(character)
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macbeth_%28character%29> isBasedOn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macbeth_of_Scotland

--
<http://www.icbl.hw.ac.uk/~philb/>

-----
Sunday Times Scottish University of the Year 2011-2013
Top in the UK for student experience
Fourth university in the UK and top in Scotland (National Student Survey 2012)

We invite research leaders and ambitious early career researchers to
join us in leading and driving research in key inter-disciplinary themes.
Please see www.hw.ac.uk/researchleaders for further information and how
to apply.

registered under charity number SC000278.