Re: Proposal: Audiobook

I would agree with Karen….

With the addition of 'abridged' to Book and a 'readBy'  (or possibly narrator) provided by Audiobook, the combination of properties from Book and MediaObject would be sufficient to describe an Audiobook effectively.

I have some sympathy with the isBasedOn suggestion.  However I think it is part of a wider discussion about CreativeWork relationships which I have just started a new thread on.

As to dramatization, I believe audiobook is specific enough to stand alone as a type, whereas a dramatisation may well be some other type (TV Episode, Play, etc.) and only has a relationship with a book it is based on.

~Richard