Re: Proposal: Audiobook

From: Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 14:49:51 -0400
To: kcoyle@kcoyle.net
Cc: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net> wrote:

> I can understand the desire to connect the audiobook and the print book
> which is being read. In most catalogs and databases they "connect"
> because they have the same author, title and subjects, so they are
> retrieved with the same query and may be merged in display (cf. Amazon
> displays). I'm not sure that the data that exists will lend itself to
> providing the information to support isBasedOnUrl. This becomes a
> question of goals, therefore: to provide schema.org properties for
> current data, or to make schema.org into a schema that allows new
> metadata to be created. I admit that at the moment I'm more interested
> in the former, since I see a first use case for schema to mark up
> existing data. I'm not seeing it as a metadata creation schema. Perhaps
> others are aiming at the latter?

To this point, it would be nice to be able to associate a CreativeWork
adapted from another CreativeWork, whether it is an audio book as an
adaptation of the text, a movie based on a book, or even a graphic novel
based on an original work.

Vicki

Vicki Tardif Holland | Ontologist | vtardif@google.com